Week of Malchut (מלכות) Majesty/Sovereignty
Welcome to the sixth week of the counting of the omer!
Remember that each week there is a “lead” sephira” and each of the others is put “within” that lead.
If the concept of counting the omer is new to you — check the introduction for more about this practice.
So that means we’ve journeyed from Chesed (Loving Kindness) to Gevurah (Strength) to Tifereth (Beauty/Compassion) to Netzach (Endurance/Victory) Hod (Gratitude/Receiving/Glory) to Yesod (Connection) and finally ending in Malchut.
Malchut is the world. It is manifestation. It is Shekhinah. It is the seventh of the seven sephirot we’ve explored. We finish this exploration in the month of Sivan, whose letter is Zayin, which has a numerical value of seven. We have journeyed seven long weeks to reach Shavout.
We take our final look at each of the other seven “lower” sephirot through the lense of this sephira. We begin like every week, with Chesed (loving kindness).
Explore your kingdom within and without. Connect to the Divine within. Can you do this? What images come to mind when you read the words: Majesty, Kingdom, and Sovereignty? Are you the Ruler or the Ruled?
The seventh week, which explores Malchut (Majesty), looks like this:
- Loving-kindness within Majesty
- Strength within Majesty
- Compassion (Beauty) within Majesty
- Endurance within Majesty
- Gratitude/Receiving within Majesty
- Connection within Majesty
- Majesty within Majesty
What has this journey meant? Does it change the meaning of Shavuot for you? What have you learned? What have you experienced? What do you bring into the world?
Love the work? Help support it! (click to find out how)
If you Count the Omer at night, then you might want to follow the tradition practices. RitualWell.org has the full text in masculine and feminine Hebrew, transliterated, and in English.
Since there are many ways to engage with this practice, here are some of my favorites. I hope you’ll share what techniques and resources you are using to explore, internalize, and understand the practice of counting the omer.
- Telshemesh: Omer Calendar of Biblical Women
- Chabad: Week 7, Malchut
- Inner: Malchut
- Aish: Malchut
- Wikipedia: Malchut
- Chabad: Malchut
- Kohenet Community Offerings
- Wider Jewish Community Offerings
- Guide to Counting the Omer (Ritual Well)
- Counting the Omer (My Jewish Learning)
- Omer Poetry Prompts (Jewess / Poetess)
- Counting the Omer: The Basics of the Jewish Ritual (Bim Bam Video)
- Counting my Genders: A Neo-Kabbalistic View of the Omer (Keshet)
- Counting the Omer (A Way In)