Some practices and rituals to try out or adapt during the month of Nisan.
- Working with the Na’arah (Maiden) – the Netivah for the Month
- Make a Maiden’s altar with budding flowers and other items symbolic of the maiden.
- What have you been afraid to do because of fear? Invoke the Na’arah (Maiden) and let her strength and youthful exuberance help you make the next step.
- For another view of the maiden, explore the strength card. Notice this is the maiden with the lion, the symbol of the tribe of Judah and Jerusalem. This is not the card associated with the month of Nisan, but it’s a powerful one to explore this aspect of the maiden and her relationship with the Jewish people and the city of Jerusalem.
- Learn the story of Serach bat Asher. She played an important role as the maiden and midrash gives her an important role in the Passover story.
- Add a Miriam’s cup to your table and honor her both as a prophetess and as a brave young girl.
- Have a Chametz cleaning ritual. Symbolically burn the final grains of chametz from your home and think about what you need cleaned out of your life to find freedom.
- Explore different haggadot and add new elements to your seder this year. If you are Ashkenazic, try adding a few Sephardic dishes or vice versa
Subscribe to the Cosmic Reference Library to access
Read more of this content when you subscribe to the Cosmic Reference Library today for only $36/year, powered by WordPress.com.