Some practices and rituals to try out or adapt during the month of Kislev.
- Learn about Jewish magick to honor them the Baalat Ov path of the Shekhinah this month.
- Learn about the many faces and layers to Hanukkah. Look beyond the simple stories of your youth and challenge yourself to hold opposing ideas in one holiday.
- Create kavanot, intentions, for the lighting of each Hanukkah candle. Make your own Hannukah candles and focus on your kavannah while you make each candle.
- Explore the Temperance card by seeing what opposites you blend in your own life and how they make you stronger.
- Bring the winter solstice into your Hanukkah celebration. Use Havdalah candles for your Hanukkah candles and explore the interplay of light and dark with this holiday.
- Use the Telshemesh Chag HaBanot or Ritual for Hanukkah and the Solstice with your synagogue, spiritual group, or family to enrich your Hanukkah experience.