Week of Yesod (יסוד) Connection
Welcome to the sixth week of the counting of the omer!
Remember that each week there is a “lead” sephira” and each of the others is put “within” that lead.
If the concept of counting the omer is new to you — check the introduction for more about this practice.
Yesod is a sephira of emotion and corresponds to the sexual organs. According to Inner.org, Yesod is the “bridge between the infinite potential of procreation that flows into it and its actual manifestation.”
Once again we look at each of the other seven “lower” sephirot through the lense of this sephira. We begin like every week, with Chesed (loving kindness).
What is your bridge between Loving Kindness and yourself? What connections do you use to bridge the gaps between yourself and G!d(dess)? What are the foundations of your life? What are you attached to? What shouldn’t you be attached to? What bonds are you afraid of making but need to make? What illusions are tricking you into thinking they are real connections?
The sixth week, which explores Yesod (Connection), looks like this:
- Loving-kindness within Connection
- Strength within Connection
- Compassion (Beauty) within Connection
- Endurance within Connection
- Gratitude/Receiving within Connection
- Connection within Connection
- Majesty within Connection
If you appreciate this content and the work of Devotaj Sacred Arts, consider supporting it through a one-time or annual donation.
Devotaj Sacred Arts a passion project of Kohenet Ketzirah Ma’agelet, and if enough people allow their green energy to follow their attention — then I can do so much more for you!
If you Count the Omer at night, then you might want to follow the tradition practices. RitualWell.org has the full text in masculine and feminine Hebrew, transliterated, and in English.
Since there are many ways to engage with this practice, here are some of my favorites. I hope you’ll share what techniques and resources you are using to explore, internalize, and understand the practice of counting the omer.
- Meaningful Life Center: Week Six, Yesod
- At the Well: Oh, Yes(od)! Jewish Sexuality in Week Six of Counting of the Omer
- To Bend Light: Week
- Chabad: Week 6, Yesod
- Inner.org: Yesod
- Aish: Yesod
- Kohenet Community Offerings
- Wider Jewish Community Offerings
- Guide to Counting the Omer (Ritual Well)
- Counting the Omer (My Jewish Learning)
- Omer Poetry Prompts (Jewess / Poetess)
- Counting the Omer: The Basics of the Jewish Ritual (Bim Bam Video)
- Counting my Genders: A Neo-Kabbalistic View of the Omer (Keshet)
- Counting the Omer (A Way In)
Adapted from a post originally written for Peeling a Pomegranate (2003-2013) by Kohenet Ketzirah haMa’agelet